The MOTORCLÁSSICO – International Motor and Classic Motorcycles Show was reborn at Cordoaria Nacional, in Lisbon, after four years of interregnum. After almost two decades at FIL, the Museu do Caramulo has moved the event to a new space where 160 exhibitors occupy the totality of the 5 pavilions and the 2 outdoor areas.
The M.G. Clube de Portugal exhibited in its space an MG Midget TF 1500, from 1955, owned by J. Dinis Esteves, our Member Nº 49, which was the subject of an article published in the Motor Clássico magazine 15, II Series and whose offer we are very touched and thankful. This MG model is also understood as part of the heritage of the recent MG EVs, according to the poster "Good times in our genes".
In a partnership with the Museu Nacional dos Coches, more than 600 owners of classic cars were able to park them safely and near the event, creating an “open-air museum”.
Several rides, such as those of the Club 2CV Dyane de Portugal, UMM and Amigos dos Japoneses Antigos, also took advantage of this space to concentrate there, unlike The Good Drive that used it for the arrival of the classic car ride they provided to children and youngsters, from the Temporary Accommodation Centre of Tercena.
Three anniversary brands held commemorative exhibitions of:
- 60 Years of the Mini Cooper S
- 75 years of Porsche history
- 120 years of Harley-Davidson on wheels
- An Automobilia auction took place.
- The 2 books “Circuito de Cascais 1963-66” and “Museu do Caramulo – Coleção de Automóveis, Motos e Bicicletas” were presented.
- Two Motor Talks took place, with José Barros Rodrigues and José Correia Guedes, respectively.
- And the Jornal dos Clássicos Cinema was an attraction all day long.